ShopNow.com - 1999 - 2000
VP Corporate Marketing
ShopNow provided shoppers an extensive network of shopping alternatives and provided merchants with a variety of e-commerce and direct marketing services.
The ShopNow.com Web site aggregated more than 1 million products and services from more than 30,000 merchants.
In July 1999, the ShopNow Network attracted more than 2 million visits.
- Improve the strategic positioning and brand awareness by supporting all divisions with integrated marketing strategies and execution across all business initiatives.
- Built a world-class internal agency supporting the marketing needs of all divisions
- Ambassador of the brand by maintaining consistency across business channels and leveraging a shared resource environment for the benefit of the company.
- Develop and execute a communications program which includes managing all content review to ensure consistent brand messaging, positioning internally and externally.
- Manage the communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization’s brand reputation
- Keep ShopNow.com stakeholders and personnel informed of all critical business initiatives and marketing activities internally therefore driving productivity and creating organizational alignment during growth.
- Key contributor and member of the Senior Management team, IPO Steering Committee and Product/Program Steering Committee, Technology Advisory Board and Divisional Executive team for our different lines of business.
- Budget management for enterprise marketing department as well as budget management functions on divisional specific projects that are marketing driven (i.e. e-commerce, web functionality, communications initiatives etc.) Direct project budget management including multiple external vendors.
- Management of 7-10 direct reports while also supporting all division heads in a cross-functional/matrix environment. Thorough understanding of business and brand strategy in all divisions required.
- Leadership and management required across many cross-functional teams in marketing operations function supporting product/program development, enterprise level support and strategic communications.